Monday, October 6, 2014

Man, I Was an Embarrassment: Reflection Blog

     At the beginning of last year I wasn’t sure how to write this type of blog. Eventually, I got into the mix and wrote some great blogs. Last year, I didn’t write like I do now. Nowadays, I write like I am a pen myself. I write whatever comes into my mind and then reread it. At the beginning of last year, I wrote what I thought was acceptable. I always counted my sentences within my paragraphs. I could tell that I wouldn’t really read them over, for there are many mistakes. For example, as I was rereading my blog from 9/30/13, I noticed a mistake, “The title doesn’t fit the story so far but could might change.” I realize that I meant to say, “that could change.” or “that might change.” I also forgot to add in a comma in when I said "but". Now that I reread my blogs, there a still a few mistakes, but not as much.

     I also notice that my blogs have gotten longer. I seem to have longer sentences and paragraphs. I feel as I got older I began processing the book more and enjoyed writing about it. When I was a beginning seventh grader, I mainly read because I had to, not for fun. As I was not reading for fun, I didn’t really want to write about them. I ended up writing short sentences to make the paragraph shorter. In the same blog as before, I end up writing, “Only a rich jerk lives there. He is barely in the story.” I feel like I could of made that one sentence and continued talking about this topic, but instead I end it. Plus, it was one of the worst endings ever, I’m even slightly embarrassed by it. It ends, “So that is why I don’t think the title fits the story.” I’m really about to cry, it’s like I wrote this in second grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment