Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall of Giants: Week of 10/21/14

Pages Read: 150 - 225
Prompt: Reflection on Book

"Fall of Giants" is leading up to be a great book. I've been reading it for roughly three weeks now and I'm almost halfway through it. This has to be one of the longest books I have read, and I can't wait for the end. I just want to keep on reading through the night. If I had time to read as much as I want to, this book would be done and half of the second. One reason I want to finish the book is because I want to discuss it with my mom. It would be like a little book club, in a way.

The first blog I did while reading this book, I said it was confusing. Now that I'm further in I'm starting to understand the book better. I'm not saying that it still isn't confusing. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just say that some parts are still confusing. I finding that being confused a little is a good thing. I get more out of the book as I figure stuff out. I improve my skills by not realizing certain conflicts in the book, but then getting it all after I stop reading to think about it.

Going back to the little book club, I feel like my mom is going to forget some things about the first book. She started to read "Fall of Giants" over summer and finished it a few weeks within the school year. She then, got the second book two weeks after finishing the first. She had some free time and finished it in a few days. She is now reading the last book and is almost done with that. In total, she read all the books in about two months. I wish I had the time to read them all in that time. Sadly, I don't, but I could hopefully read them within four or five months.

2 comments:

  1. I commented on Leanna's, Nadrian's, and Carlos's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you able to read the pages you said you did for this blog? It seems to be focused on wanting to read, but not having time. What parts are you confused by that you refer to in the second paragraph?

    ReplyDelete