Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oogy: Week of 10/30/13

Pages Read: 24 - 228

So far in the 24 pages I read, I really like the book. I thought that is was somewhat like Marly and Me. Instead of the stomach bug that ruined Marly's life, the dog fighting ruined Oogy's life. When I looked at the cover I thought that Oogy had gotten hurt in some kind of way, but I thought that he got hurt protecting his owners' lives. I thought that Oogy's house was broken into and the burglar had shot Oogy's ear off. I was way off. I guess I wasn't that way off. Oogy's ear is not there any more because of a human, so in a way the two theories are connected in some way.

If I was they author I would end this book with a very sad ending. Most people enjoy a good laugh at the end of a book or movie, but I enjoy a good cry. I would have this story end with Oogy running away and getting lost. He finds his way into a backyard, a familiar backyard. He walks down the gangway, once he gets in the backyard where all of his brother and sisters are. Of course, they don't see each other as family, they see each other as enemies. The owner of the chained up dogs comes out to discover Oogy. Oogy charges the owner and the owner dodges Oogy and pulls out a gun. He shoots Oogy in the other ear, with the pain rusher thorough Oogy's veins he retreats back home. He glad to find that his two boys, Dan and Noah, crying on the porch. Oogy ran up to them and gave them a big, slobbery, kiss on the face. The thrilled that Oogy is back rush into the car and take him to the vet. By the time the boys get him into the car, Oogy dies of blood loss.

So the prompt I choose was "describe the similarities and differences between the main character and you" and the main character is a dog, I am going to compare Oogy to my dog, Ellie. Oogy and Ellie have many differences so I will list them below:


• Oogy is a male and Ellie is a female.

• Oogy is a lot older than Ellie.

• Oogy has only one ear, while Ellie has both.

• Oogy is white and Ellie is gray with black spots.



Now I will list the similarities below:


• Oogy and Ellie both have brown eyes.

• Oogy and Ellie both have a black nose.

• Oogy and Ellie both have a protective personality.

Oogy and Ellis both have a owner that loves them dearly.






3 comments:

  1. I agree, when you said that you enjoy a good cry, although I mean for the ending not to be so upsetting either. The ending would sound very different from other books I have read about dogs. I would feel bad for the person who would get too attached to the dog and find out that the dogs dies, if the book had your ending. I like the dog's name to, Oogy. I never heard of it before. Do you feel bad for the dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Maria's, Amelia's, and Abdiel's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you added what the dog looked like, I get annoyed when books and authors don't add what the characters look like. It was cool how you added your opinions of books in the post, it was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete