Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Little Chicago: Week of 10/7/13

Pages Read: 231 - 255

This week I am still reading Little Chicago. This will be my last week writing about it. This week Blacky has been on protest. Their are kids at his school who are bullies. They are picking on him because he is hanging out with a girl that no one likes. He started to hang out with her just because his other friends betrayed him. Now he loves her and will do anything for her. Probably even kill someone.

If I was the author I would have the story end with a bang. Literally. He has bought a gun already so there is already that. I don't know how the story ends yet, so I am going to guess the ending. I think that the story is going to end with someone dieing. At first when I read that he bought a gun, I thought that he was going to kill himself. So far I was wrong, but in my ending I am right. In my ending, Blacky's bullies are so mean to him and Mary Jane that he takes out his gun and shoots them. When the police show up there is blood all over the floor and him and Mary Jane are standing close together with the gun. When Blacky hears the sirens he panics, first kissing, then shooting Mary Jane in the head. The police run in once they heard the gun fire, but by the time they got in Blacky had killed himself.

The author writes very effectively. He tells us all the details including what each characters looks like. He also is great on telling us what the main character thinks. I don't like how he writes every paragraph explicitly. I like to figure out some things on my own. I think that this book should end on a cliff hanger, just because I think it needs one.


3 comments:

  1. WOW! This book sounds so interesting I want to read it! "All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you better run, better run, outrun my gun" This book reminds me of the song Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People. I love how you were thinking as if you are the author. I also really like that you shared your prediction. Well done Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one question, I haven't read any of your other posts, is Blacky being bullied and picked on because he is black? Also if Blacky bought the gun I hope he shoots they bullies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your blog this week! You made it sound so interesting and I want to read your book now. I will definitely read it sometime this year!

    ReplyDelete