Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wild Life: Week of 10/21/13

Pages Read: 166 - 177
SPOIL ALERT!

Wild Life is a great book so far and I hate that I only have 10 pages left. I wish there was more to it like, more about the six months in North Dakota and what happens when he gets back to New York. So far, Erik and Quill have made it for a couple days out in the wild. They were doing fine until man found them. As Erik panicked, he thought about what to do, should he go home with the man or should he run away from him. He decided that it was probably best to go with him, and he was until the man told him about the five thousand dollar award that Erik knew his grandparents didn't have. The man took the gun from Erik and that is when Erik became frustrated. He walked to the car with Quill by his side, he open the passenger door and waited until the man was by the driver's side, then without a slight hesitation Erik took off in the opposite direction. Erik and Quill walked day and night to get home to his grandparents, but was he got there, something changed.

The moral of the story is that life is short so you should spend it wisely. I think that this is the moral of the story because Erik's mom painted painting with geese it the shape of a V and it said "Do the geese have dreams? Do they make plans as they fly? Do you? How will you live your own wild life?" This tells us that geese make the best of their life and the could plan ahead, it is also saying that you should plan ahead because you don't know what is going to happen. I think that people should listen o this life lesson because it is always good to plan ahead and to know what you are going to do with your life.

I think that Erick would be my favorite character in Wild Life because he is adventurous and brave. I can also connect to him in some way. Erik was put into a new living experience and he didn't like it so he gave it up. He went to live the way he thought he wanted to live, but later on he found out that living in the wild with a dog that's not even his, is not the way he wants to live. I got a Great Dane puppy over the summer and spent every minute of the day with her. That is until I had to go to school. I enjoyed school until I really missed my dog. I had to do homework and play basketball everyday, I barely had time to play with my dog. I now I spend every minute I can with her, training her, walking her, or just playing with her. I will live my wild life with my dog.


2 comments:

  1. I commented on Elenia's, Setven's, and Abdiel's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog post this week, it really made me think and I like that. Also, I liked how you would describe a part of the book and then give your interpretation of it. One question: when does this story take place?

    ReplyDelete