Thursday, November 7, 2013

Oogy: Week of 11/4/13

Pages Read: 57 - 228

So the book is great. The narrator is explaining why and how Oogy is in his life. He also talks about how he adopted two twins. I find it amazing that Oogy survived and didn't remember anything about dog fighting. He was only a pup when he was given to another fighting dog for bait. I couldn't image a person letting another dog kill and probably eat a little defenseless pup. I wonder the same questions as the narrator. Out of what I know about dog fighting, it doesn't make sense to of why they let Oogy survive. I think that the cops were on to them so they had to leave, but who knows. The narrator hasn't really talked about the two boys yet, but I think we he soon.

Since the main character is a dog I think that we will be best of friends. I love dogs and Oogy loves people. I think Oogy is worthy of my friendship because based off of what I read so far, Oogy is a very loyal and trustworthy dog. He knows not to run away and he protects his owners as much as he can. I would love a dog/friend like him because I wouldn't have to worry about things other people have to. For example, Oogy is at my house and he hears something, he barks to let me know that something is there. I go check it out, but it is only a cat. Oogy could protect me. I can also tell him all of my secrets, knowing that him won't/can't tell anyone.


The author wrote wrote in flashbacks. He explain what happened to Oogy and how he got his two adopted sons. He explained the process of adopting the two boys and he also explained how Oogy is still alive. I think that is made the writing better because it helped me know the background of Oogy. It also helped me know why the book was written. I usually don't like books that have flashbacks in them but this one is not that bad. I enjoyed being told how Oogy was brought into the shelter and how they saved his life.

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you summarized the story, and described the main character. In fact I was confused at first because I thought a person's name was Oogy but then you said it was dog. Which makes more sense. Haha. But overall I loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Carlos's, Citlalli's, and Isabella J's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you enjoy this book a lot, my question is have you finished it yet? Throughout your post, you gave your opinion while telling me about this book, which made the blog easy and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete