Wednesday, November 20, 2013

White Fang: Week of 11/18/13

Pages Read: Finished

This week I read "White Fang". It was an excellent book. I have read "White Fang" before, but I love it. It is one of those books where you can read it over and over again. "White Fang" is one of my favorite books because it is a very heart warming experience. White Fang is three quarters wolf and one quarter dog that is tamed, untamed, than tamed again. The last time he is tamed he stays tame and finds a loving family. He was abused and still found a loving family. He trusted the "man-animals" or "Gods" (as they are called in the book) at first, but he disliked them when he was put into dog fighting. Two men saved his life and became apart of the family.

My feelings changed a lot when I was reading "White Fang". My feelings became happy when White Fang's mother had him, but I felt sad that his father couldn't find food so all of White Fang's brothers and sisters died. I felt happy when White Fang and his mother killed the lynx and when White Fang found the Indians. I felt happy that White Fang would survive because the Indians knew White Fang's mother. This feelings happened throughout the story, going up and down like they did it the first few chapters.

I think that "White Fang" is believable. One reason I think this because dogs are very trainable. I have a seven year old dog that only took about two hours to be trained. She is not fully trained, but she is trained enough. Within those two hours she learned how to sit, stay, lie down, and give paw. Another reason I think that "White Fang" is believable because since dogs are tamed that means wolfs can be tamed. Dogs are technically wolfs, they just look different. If dogs can be tamed and trained so can a wolf.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you told us your opinions and the reason that you read this book. You did a great job describing the main character which is a fox and a dog. When I read your blog I can conclude that you know this book very well. I can tell that this is your favorite book for the 40 Book Challenge. Great job on the Blog Post and thanks for your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Diego's, Jesus's, and Gabe's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell that you love books about dogs! Have you read the classic version of White Fang?

    ReplyDelete