Thursday, March 26, 2015

Night: Week of 3/23/15

Pages Read: 0 - 47
Prompt: Describe some of the characters. Give your opinion on the characters.


The book, Night, is really interesting. I knew I was going to like it from the start. I don't know about you, but I love books about the Holocaust. Whether they are told from a survivors point of view or an another makes up a story of their own. I love the amount of detail each book goes into; sharing their experiences with the world. Elie Wiesel has much to share with the world. I can't wait to read more.

One of the main characters of Night is, obviously, Elie Wiesel (this guy to the right). He was the one who wrote the book. So far, he seems like a scared little boy; he just wants to be by his father. I think that as he continues to tell his story, he will grow up a little more; realize that his father won't always be there with him. Now this leads to Wiesel's father. He a very religious man, who keeps his faith and hopes for the best. This can be a great characteristics in normal life, but I'm not too sure it's the best when you live in a concentration camp. Yes, keep your faith and have hope, these are two out of the top three things a person needs to stay sane during that time. The other would be family. In my opinion, Wiesel's father is strong enough to handle anything he can think of. I just don't think he thought of what is going on within the walls of the concentration camp.

Moishe the Beadle seemed like a main character at the beginning of the book, but now his character, kind of, disappeared. He isn't mentioned anymore, but I don't think we saw the last of him. I believe that Elie will come across Moishe during his time at different concentration camps. Moishe was a role model, or more like a mentor, to Elie and I think Moishe while do the same in the concentration camps. I felt bad for Moishe when no one listened to his story. I think that some, like the book said, thought he just wanted pity, and some thought he was mad. I think that some thought he was right, but were too scared to admit. They didn't want to believe him so they dismissed everything he said.

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that the quote sort of represents what happened to Elie after the war ended. It seems that this message connects to my current book in which the phrase "Never Again" is mentioned a lot in Holocaust Remembrance. I liked how you not only included your opinions about the main characters, but also about the novel Night. It seems that later in the book Elie will become more strong and know how to deal with his feelings throughout Night. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete