Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Holocaust AOW Impressions

I learned many things this week from the gallery walk, things that I didn't even know a little about. One thing I learned was that a former Nazi soldier is being arrested for the killing of the millions of Jews and others. He joined the Nazi party in 1930 and worked at death camps and medical experiments. He is now 90 years old. I totally disagree with the government arresting this man. I realize he did help with the murder of million of people, but he's 90 years old. If he didn't help then he wouldn't have lived through the Holocaust. I believe that instead of arresting him, we should get his side of the story. The world can benefit from this, but instead we're arresting him. If we are arresting him should we arrest very elder German person in the U.S., since they most likely help the Nazi party. The world should stop looking at what happened in the past, but look at the present. This man is 90-years-old and we are arresting him; thinking about putting him in death row. Talk about respecting your elders.

Along with the arrest of former Nazi member, I also learned about a survivor of the Holocaust. This survivor is a very special one, she walked to a gas chamber, about to die, but then she didn't. She said that the "shower" wasn't working at the time so she left. On her way out of the gas chamber, she saw many bodies from the other chambers. I think that this is amazing. For someone to walk in and out of a gas chamber is practically impossible. I do have one question though. How? How did she just walk away without a solider seeing her? I imagine there were many guards that were watching the gas chambers, so how did she just walk out. It seems impossible, but I'm glad this survivor did the impossible. 

Comments: Gabe, Athziry, Nadrian

No comments:

Post a Comment