Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Voices of Rape: Week of 11/17/14

Pages Read: Finished
Prompt: What made you read this book and What makes it unique?

Even though the topic is not very pleasing, I still love this book. It shows the reader how different people think of the topic. There were many storied that I really liked so it's hard to pick a favorite. I think the story I found the most interesting was one that was not told by a survivor or offender, but the conversation between high-schoolers. They had to fill out this survey and when they were done ask questions. After a few questions, the students got into a debate. It was interesting to see what each student thought. Not only to see their opinions, but also to see what people around the same age group as me thought. I was jumping into the debate in my head adding some points to defend what I think. I think I got a little into the whole debate thing, oops.

Not gonna lie, my lack of focus made me read this book. I was just sitting in excel trying to get work done, but kept getting off task. I got bored and started to look at other people's book. I picked up Athziry's book, this book, and the cover looked cool. I asked how she liked and all that kind of stuff, until I decided I would read it. It sounded like an interesting book to read, and it was. I guess sometimes off task is a good thing.

This book is unique in many ways. For one, it tells stories from different people who were connected with rape. There are stories from the victims, the offender, and police. The stories are all different, but share the same relation, which I found interesting. It also tells the reader the process of things when a rape victim reports it. These stories are from a judge, police, and two lawyers. I enjoy knowing multiple thoughts on the topic, it really always me to see the whole thing better.


No comments:

Post a Comment