Saturday, November 15, 2014

Forget Me: Week of 11/11/14

Pages Read: Finished

I started to read this book when I was in the car with nothing to do. In fact, this is my sister's book that I didn't even knew exist until my phone died. I started to read this book with hope that I would like it, fortunately, it is one of the best books I would read. It has murder and mystery, one of the best kinds of books, in my opinion. I would suggest everyone to read this book. It is one of those books that when you pick it up, you won't want to put it back down.

The main character of this book is Morgan, a 16 year-old girl. Since the book is written in first person, Morgan telling the story, the word choice is one of the best things about this book. The author, Harrington, had to write this book using the words of a teenager. One example of this is, "It was a great smile-half cocky, half adorable-but it wasn't Flynn's." This is the first time Morgan saw Evan, a guy that looks like her dead boyfriend, but a teenager would totally say this. Harrington did a great job writing the job from Morgan's point of view because of the word choice.


Dialogue plays a major part in all books, but this one especially. Having it be told in first person, dialogue allows the reader to understand what other characters are thinking. It also affects the readers emotions. For example, the last two pieces of dialogue in the book are, “Don’t make me laugh, it hurts.” and “I’m your best friend. It’s my job.” These few short sentences actually made me cry. After reading the whole book and getting to know the characters, this makes you feel happy for them. Happy for their friendship, which makes you think about your own friendships after you put the book down.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked that line, "only a teenager would say that". It helps enforce what you were saying about the quote. How the author really got the word choice down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Gustavo's, Maria's, and Marisa's blog.

    ReplyDelete