Sunday, November 9, 2014

Fall of Giants: Week of 10/27/14

Pages Read: 225 - 300

     I have been reading this book for awhile now. There some parts that I really enjoy, then, there are some parts that I dread reading. It's sad to say, that I have grown bored of this book. I want to finish it, but I'm growing weary and tired of it.. I usually have to put the book down after a few pages. I want to find a book that I can read for hours at end, so I have to put this book down. I'm not sure what to write about in this blog, so I might ramble on about why I'm putting the book down.

     One reason that I don't want to read this book anymore is because the pace is just too slow. I enjoy books with detail, but Follett puts too much detail in this book. With all the characters there is tons of detail that tends to make me not want to read. At first, I enjoyed reading all the detail, but as more characters come into play it gets distracting. When I'm focusing on the plot, I want to focus on the plot. When new characters get introduced, I get sidetracked when I'm just about to exactly get the plot.

     I feel bad that I had to put this book down, but I also feel good in the inside. Knowing that I could just put the book down for now and come back later in my life to finish it, makes me feel not so bad. I'm thinking I'll pick it up again over winter break to have another go at it. Even if I don't read it this year, I have the rest of my life ahead of me. I plan on finishing this book some time in my life. Heck, I'll even put it on my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment