Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mindblind: Week of 4/28/14

Pages Read: 52 - 249

This book is pretty good. It is about a teenage boy who has a disorder. I think that the disorder is a good thing because it made him really smart, but there are some bad things about the disorder too. Like, he not all that social, the only reason he has friends is because he is good at a video game, and the only reason he is good at the video game is because he memorized all of the moves with his smartness. The disorder he has is asperger.

My favorite character so far is the main character, Nathaniel. Nathaniel is the one with asperger. He doesn't really think of it as a disorder, but more as an advantage. He doesn't really like people and the friends he has. His mother is very supportive, while on the other hand, his father can't be more disappointed. His father leaves the family and starts a normal one. Well, as normal as one family can get.

I think that Nathaniel and I wouldn't be best friends. One reason is that he doesn't like anyone. I think that if he actually liked to hang out with people than we could be friends. I say could because there is another reason I think we wouldn't be best friends. The other reason is because he complains a lot. He doesn't really take time for the fun things in life, with him everything is a puzzle. I just can't be best friends with someone like that.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree with you Jenna on his disorder. There are always good and bad things in everything. I also like how explicitly you describe your favorite character and your reason for it. Also you were very honest about being friends with Nathaniel. Very interesting book your reading. Good blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sounds like a good book. I also do agree with you on his disorder to sometimes you just have to make the best out of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you had that link to show what type of disorder he had. From the way I see it Nathaniel can be both very positive and negative. I see him as positive of the fact that he sees his disorder as an advantage, but then again he doesn't really want a social life. He also complains a lot as from what I read. I strongly dislike the fact that his father was disappointed. On the the hand, his mother was supportive about it. Does this book every get a little confusing to you in the way that Nathaniel acts? Well this blog certainly got me interested into reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on Carlos's, Jesus's, and Gabe's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna,
    Great blog this week, I really, really, enjoyed it! I think you did a great job telling us a little bit about the story, and who your favorite character is, and if you'd be best friends with them. I like who you added the link to your blog also. I think it's very interesting, and I think it's a great addition to your blog! I also like your explanation for why the main character wouldn't be your best friend. I think it showed your personality, and I think I would feel the same way about being friends with this boy! So, overall, great job with your blog this week and I look forward to reading more of your blogs in the future!

    ReplyDelete