Tuesday, May 13, 2014

40 Book Challenge

I think that I have read a lot this year. I maybe read about 10 books last year, but this year I doubled it. I read 20 books, not exactly 40, but I made a goal at the beginning of the year to get at least 20. At first I didn't actually think that I would reach this goal, so when I did I was very delighted. I thought that I would read about 10, maybe 15. I still can't believe that I got half way. I think that I went out of my comfort zone and read somewhat harder books. I'm talking about, Wuthering Heights, Crank, and others like that. Wuthering Heights was a good book. I didn't really think that I would like it, but it turned out I did. When I Crank I was pretty sure I was going to like because it had a bunch of drama in it, it turns out I did.

Next year, I'm not sure how many books I will read. I want to make a goal, but I don't want to make one I can't achieve. I want to finish the 40 Book Challenge, but I don't think I would finish. I think my goal would be to read 30 books. I believe that if I continue reading the way I'm reading then I should be able to read 30 books. All I have to do is read slightly more than what I read now. I have began to enjoy reading. I found authors that I enjoy, so I think that this goal is possible.

4 comments:

  1. I really like how your honest, and how you still want to finish the 40 books challenge. I also liked how you described that you wanted to make goals but not goals you know you can't achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "intake" of books also went up this year, I see this is a common trend. If I had to guess, "Wuthering Heights" was probably over 350 pages, did you count it as two books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna,
    I love your blog reflection, it's very honest, and fun! I love how you talked about your goal, and how you'd actually accomplished it! I think that it was great goal to accomplish from 6th to 7th grade, and I think that the level difference in the books from this year and last year that you talked about was great. Really, if the level of difficulty of your reading is improving that's all that matters, because you're advancing! I also love that you have already made your goal for next year, it's great to know what you want to do in advanced! So, overall great job with the 40 Book Challenge, and great job describing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on Citlalli's, Leanna's, and Gabe's blog.

    ReplyDelete