Wednesday, January 29, 2014

America's Premier Gunmakers: Winchester: Week of 1/27/14

Pages Read: Finished

The author has done many things to make his readers keep on reading. For one, the most important thing he did, was adding pictures of each type of gun that he talked about. This made me want to keep reading because it is entertaining to see how many different designs Winchester was made. Also it helped me visualize how Winchester made changes to improve his guns. Another thing that the author did to make me want to keep reading was telling what the pictures were. This not only made me want to keep reading, but also it helped me, again, to visualize each gun and know about each one.

The author is K.D Kirkland. I know that Kirkland is interested in the history of guns because he wrote four different books of four different gunmakers. I have never seen a picture of him, but I think he has a beard and brown hair. I think he is a nice guy in his mid-40s. I think he would be a polite and fancy. I don't know why I think any of this, but I think I think this because his name sounds like how I'm describing him.

By: The Beatles

I would include this song because the Sun is like the guns. People only really bought guns right before the winter. It is like the Sun going away in the Winter, but returning in the spring. The guns came back for the winter and left for the summer.

By: Kansas

I would include this song because this is the theme song for the show Supernatural. The main characters have the last name of Winchester, so it reminds me of the gunmaker.


I would include this song because the Winchester Repeater was a major part of old western movies and shows. Rawhide is a great example of an old western show.

By: Mozart

I would include this song because it is a very unique and epic peice of music. It relates to the process of making and improving the guns Winchester made.

Come Home
By: One Republic

I would include this song because Winchester made a bunch of guns for many wars, so they could come back home and the war would be over.

3 comments:

  1. It's interesting that you are reading a book about the history of guns because in social studies we are learning about mid 1800's inventions. Once I watched Pawn Stars and I saw a man bring in this certain type of gun. This gun seems interesting to learn about mostly because it had an elegant structure and an easy handle. I liked how you went outside the box by providing songs that relate to this book. Great blog post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had an interest in guns but this book seems pretty interesting if I would want to learn about them. I think it's also interesting that you made a playlist even when this is a non-fiction book. It's difficult to do that but you did a great job on it! I especially like that you made a connection to Supernatural because when I first saw this blog I thought about the Winchesters. Amazing blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on Carlos's, Diego's, and Gustavo's blog.

    ReplyDelete