Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Grimm Conclusion: Week of 2/24/13

Pages Read: 65 - 354

I read the first two books last year and they the author, Adam Gidwitz, came to the school. It was entertaining and he said that the last book of the series would be coming out soon. I couldn't wait, now that I'm reading it, it is amazing. So far out of all three books, I enjoyed the first one the most and this one, the third one, the second most. That could change though. The one thing that makes this series unique it that it is all gory. It makes it more entertaining to read.

What surprises me the most is that the book is so amazing, gory, and impossible at the same time. I love all three, but it surprises me that they can all be put in a book and the book could still be good. I get that the book can be amazing and gory at the same time, but being impossible also is, well, impossible. I love impossible things and I love reading about them and watching movies about them, but I never read a book that has all three qualities and is still a great book. Before I read this book, I would of thought that it would be weird and just not a good book. I would of been wrong.

Somebody should read this book because it is just an amazing book. Someone should also read this book because it is gory. I mean, everyone loves gory. All the blood and disgusting things keep you on your toes, and what else would you want in a book. Somebody should not read this book if the puke at the sight of blood. If you are someone who has hemophobia, then you should definitely not read this book. You would be crying and puking at least three times every chapter. I'm pretty sure once you get in the book, you will not want to stop to clean up the puke.




5 comments:

  1. I liked the vocabulary that you used in this blog by mentioning gory in almost all of your paragraphs. One question did I inspire you to read this book? I did two blogs about this book and I put a lot of specific details about the events in the Grimm Conclusion. I wonder why Adam Gidwitz didn't put the word homophobia in his book but thanks for adding the link. Spolier Alert the evil king dies. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first book of the series but I've never had a chance to read the rest, I want to though! It's great that you enjoy it very much for those three reasons and I would have to agree. I like that it's gory but it isn't those confusing written gory books (if that makes sense) Anyway, good job on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented Steven's, Gabe's, and Abdiel's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna,
    Amazing blog this week, I really enjoyed it! You really explained your thoughts and opinions thoroughly. I love how at the beginning you talked about how you've read the first two books in the series and how you've met the author, and I thought it was a great introduction. I also have read the first two nooks, and by the way you describe the third one, I can't wait to read it. I also enjoyed how you explained how you thought the three main qualities of the book would never be able to go together in one story, but they do! I also like how you gave warnings about the book, and gave a link for homophobia! It was very creative! I also really loved your humor at the end, and your descriptions! It made me laugh! So, overall great blog, and I look forward to reading more of your blogs, and this book in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, with how many times you used the word 'gory' I'm now very much curious in how much gore there actually is! Do you think it goes overboard?

    ReplyDelete