Wednesday, September 10, 2014

If I Stay: Week of 9/8/14

Pages Read: 0 - 75

     I never knew what “If I Stay” was until I saw the commercial for the movie. I thought to myself, “This seems like a great movie, I’ll watch it someday.” Then it said based on the novel, and I decided to actually read the book before I watch the movie. So far, it’s paying off. The book is such a good book, I like all of the characters and the plot great too. It is easy to follow and comprehend, it may be a slightly easier book than I should be reading, but I think it’s okay. 
     I'm not that far in the book yet, but I can tell you several examples of imagery, but it lacks figurative language. For instance, on the first page, it's snowing out and the author makes sure to describe what is happening detail by detail. I enjoy how the author writes the story uses tons of imagery. She leaves nothing out, even if it is the tiniest detail ever. The author doesn't really use figurative language, but when you read the book, it's better without them, at I think so. Explaining page on a newspaper took a half of page, using such detail. Sometimes people can explain it to much or too little, but the author's use of imagery is just right.

     I honestly am not sure if the movie is going to be as good as the book. In the book, there are detailed flash backs and I’m not sure how they’ll exactly portray that, they might leave it out though. The book is filled with imagery so the movie should be easy to make. I can wait to finish the book and imagining all of the imagery in my head, then watching the movie and see how my thoughts were different. I also can’t wait to finished watching the movie and complain about how my ideas were better.



2 comments:

  1. I noticed in Goodreads that this book was listed in the most popular books for eight graders. I do agree with you mostly because some movies based on books usually don't contain as many flashbacks. I liked how you described detailed imagery from your book like the newspaper and the flashbacks. I might read this book before the movie comes out because like you mentioned the plot of the book is easy to comprehend. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie already came out on August, 22.

      Delete