Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wuthering Heights: Week of 4/7/14

Pages Read: 170 - 356


I think that this book is amazing. When I first started reading it, I was slightly confused. I was sure what was happening, but now that I’ve got further in, I been able to follow the plot. Now, that I’ve been able to follow the plot the book has been great.  I think the title fits the story. I think this because Wuthering Heights is where the story mostly takes place.

One word that I didn’t know when I was reading was interspersed. I think it means mixed. I think this because when I used context clues mix is a good fit. The part of the story that uses this is talking about the kitchen. They were explaining what was near the fireplace. When they used interspersed, they said, “interspersed with silver jugs”. The real definition of interspersed is to scatter among or between other things, place here and there. In a way that is the same definition as mix, which is, to combine. So I was right.

Some questions I would ask the author are:

What inspired you to write Wuthering Heights?

Where did you come up with the title Wuthering Heights?

Where did the pictures from the book come from?

4 comments:

  1. I liked your blog this week! I like how you talked about how at first you had a hard time understanding the book and then now you understand it. I also like how you wrote some questions you had while reading and what word you didn't understand. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought this book was boring but after reading your blog it made the book stand out. I was also confused when I read the book Frankenstein but after awhile you get the hang off reading 1800's English. I'm imagining that the author of this book is German because of the little symbols on top of her last name. In my opinion I think that the name Wuthering Heights comes from the height of her writing. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book did seem boring but after a while of reading your blog it got more interesting. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on Carlos's, Maria's, and Marisa's blog.

    ReplyDelete