Thursday, April 17, 2014

Weird but True: Week of 4/14/14


“The U.S. President’s plane, Air Force One, has never landed more than 3 seconds off its scheduled arrival time.” I found this fact interesting because even though this is the President, you think that he would be late sometimes. I never expected that the President’s body guards are this serious about their job.

“Grass looks greener to girls than it does to boys.” When I read this fact I thought to myself, “Does this mean that girls can see colors better than boys or just grass?” This fact really interests me because I never really thought about this, about grass be brighter to some people.

“Squirrels sweat through their feet.” I really just love this fact. I love squirrels and I have to say, it is very interesting that they sweat through their feet. It sorta puts a new perspective on squirrels now.

“There are more vending machines in Japan than there are people in New Zealand.” This fact made me really interested so I looked up how many people are in New Zealand. I found out that there are 4.433 million people living in New Zealand as of 2012. I also found the population of Japan which is 127.6 million as of 2012. I realized two things. One Japanese people really love vending machines and New Zealand has a real small population.

“A cat named Tuxedo Stan ran for mayor of Halifax, Nova Scotia, in Canada.” I laughed when I read this fact. I thought about if this was actually legal for a cat to run for mayor. I also thought that it was a cute cat and I loved the name.

“The most common password on the Internet is password.” I think most people take it as a joke when a website says set a password and the password can’t be password. I never actually thought people did this, but apparently most people do.

“The average adult tells about 11 lies in a week.” This fact makes me really think. It has made me wonder when adults are really telling me the true. 11 lies a week amount to 1.5 lies a day. That means kids get lied to everyday. To think the adults actually call kids liars.

1 comment:

  1. I commented on Marisa's, Diego's, and Carlos's blog.

    ReplyDelete