Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie: Week of 4/20/15

Tuesdays with Morrie has been an awesome book. I'm never really hyped when we start a new book, but I always come out loving it; this is exactly what's happening with Tuesdays with Morrie. I find sweet of Mitch to go back and visit Morrie after so long. Mitch could have continued with his life and not go visit Morrie, but that connection came back to him. At first, the connection wasn't very strong, but as Mitch goes to Morrie's every Tuesday, we see the connection start to rebuild. I like how the book tells the present and then explains some of the past. It shows how the bond between Morrie and Mitch has changed. Overall, I think I will really enjoy this book.

Almost everyone has this thing called a bucket list or things that they want to do before they die. I personally think that bucket lists are dumb. You write down things you think will be fun, and if you don't complete it then, oh well. I just don't think that bucket lists serve a purpose. I feel like people should live life and not just write things down. If you find something you want to do, then go out and do it. I don't really have a bucket list, and I don't really want to make one, but I guess I have to, so here it goes.

- Skydive
- Go to DisneyLand
- Go to England
- Go bungie jumping
- Hang glide
- Go scuba diving
- Ride in a helicopter
- Meet my favorite actors/actresses
- Meet my favorite youtubers
- Go to the Canada side of Niagara Falls
- Go dog sled
- Go to Hawaii
- Ride a Segway
- Attempt to ride a unicycle
- Go to the Kentucky Derby
- Go horseback riding on a beach
- Go skiing
- Go to LA
- Go to Hollywood
- Pet a Kangaroo
- Pet a Koala
- Have a camp fire on a beach
- Rope-swing into a lake/river
- Go paint balling
- Learn another language
- Bring Jenna Jr. back from the dead

1 comment:

  1. I think that your goals are fantastic especially the last one which would be kind of cool to see in science class. I noticed that with this novel a reader gets comfortable with the characters such as Morrie. In reading this novel I found it wonderful that there can be such a strong bond between a teacher and a student like Morrie/Mitch. I remember that my third grade teacher was obsessed with koalas bear and now I kind what to pet one. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete